Est. 1930. In May 1938 Town Planner Robert Thomson Goulding sent to the Town Planning Committee the subdivision and business premises plans for this site. Originally two buildings in a simple Art Deco style, by 1992 they had amalgamated into one premises with a cantilevered street verandah running along the Cameron Road frontage. A 1963 photograph also shows a square red Public Telephone Box outside the front of the store which would have been installed by the New Zealand Post and Telegraph Department.